Westminster has proudly been involved in a unique and exciting partnership
with Edwin Joel Brown PK-8 School (formerly Van Cleve) since 1996. This rich and long-standing partnership allows for many volunteer opportunities for our members and friends.
Current Needs include:
TUTORS for our After-School Tutoring Program
- Wednesdays and Thursdays, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m., in Fellowship Hall.
- One-on-one tutoring with a student in grades 2-7.
- Training offered, supplies for tutoring provided.
- Weekly commitment not required (ideal, yes, but not necessary).
COMPUTER LAB Monitor for Tutoring Program
- Basic computer knowledge (turning on/off, opening software tabs)
- Ability to manage and move tutor/student pairs into and out of lab,
so all who want time in the lab have a chance to use it.
READING PARTNERS at Edwin Joel Brown School
- Go to the school at a mutually agreed time, to listen to young students
COMPUTER LAB helper at Edwin Joel Brown School
- Assist teacher and students when they use the computer lab at the
Also happening in December 2015
WARM GIFTS FROM THE HEART
- WPC is collecting new and gently used coats for students at EJB.
- Also needed are gloves, mittens, hats, and scarves.
- Sizes from Youth Small to Adult Large.
- Donations collected at church, December 13, before and after
the Service of Lessons and Carols.
Put your faith into action!
“How does God’s love abide in anyone who has the world’s goods and sees a brother or sister in need and yet refuses help? Little children, let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action" (1 John 3:17-18).
Please contact Sally Dyer, Volunteer Interim Coordinator for Mission Programs, to learn more about these opportunities to help our friends at Edwin Joel Brown School.
email@example.com or 937-623-7953.