What is Stephen Ministry
View our Stephen MInistry brochure.
A lay ministry (member-led) which provides distinctively Christian care to members and others through the development of one-on-one, confidential, non-judgmental relationships.
- Is life more than you can handle alone right now?
- Are you experiencing difficulties with your health, attitude or relationships?
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, to share God’s love with you can help you through the uncertainty, stress or loneliness you may be experiencing.
What is a Stephen Minister?
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person
- A caring Christian friend who really listens
- A lay person (member) who has received 50 hours of training
What about Stephen Ministry at Westminster?
- This is the 11th consecutive year we’ve trained a class of Stephen Ministers
- People training to become Stephen Ministers meet from October - April
- Referrals of people needing care are received from the pastoral staff or from members
- Supervision of Stephen Ministers takes place twice a month within strict confidentiality
How could I begin to receive care or become a Stephen Minister?
Contact Sue Hamilton (223-7285 or email@example.com).